We are learning more about using the Internet and about the wider world by learning to blog. To keep safe we need to follow some simple rules, just like in class.
Rules for children:
- Children – only use your first name when writing posts or commenting on other posts.
- Commenting is an important part of blogging but your comment must be polite and helpful. Why not use 2 stars and a wish – 2 good things and 1 to improve.
- Think about whether you would like to receive your comment before you post.
- Never put your email address in as your name.
- Your work should be your best – think about your writing targets and make sure you don’t use text speak or words that people might not understand.
- All posts and comments are checked by a teacher before they are published to the blog so think carefully about what you put
- Never give your login details to anyone.
- If you see something on a blog that you don’t like or that upsets you, tell your teacher straight away.
- If you are adding photos or images please do not post pictures that have you in them as you will be identifiable. If you are posting a picture to show a topic, please make sure it is from a copyright free site (you can search for copyright free pictures and use them). Photos that are not following the rules will not be published.
Rules for parents / friends of the school
- Parents / relatives who leave comments are asked to use first names only or to post as “Fred’s mum” etc. to keep their child anonymous.
- Do not post photos from, or links to, other websites without permission from your child’s class teacher.
- All posts will be checked by a teacher before they are published to the blog.
- All comments will be moderated by a teacher before they are published on the blog.
- If you have any concerns about something you see or about your child’s online safety then please call in and see Miss Manuel or Mr Whitfield.
We need to stick to the rules or we may have to stop blogging!